MANTHAN is a registered organization, organized by a group of youths under the leadership of a Professional Social Worker committed for the development of the people of the rural area outskirt of Dhanbad district of Jharkhand. The organization is determined to lift the life of downtrodden people of Dhanbad, Giridih and Bokaro district. Health and Education is the major areas of intervention in the community since its beginning. Initially MANTHAN started working in Block of Govindpur, Baghmara and Tundi with PTGs, Tribal’s, Minority and other Community who are in actual need.
Social workers are involved in imparting training as volunteers who are constantly giving there honorary services to MANTHAN since its inception. These are three small-scale industries with whom MANTHAN is associated to impart training to the employee basically on computer. Social workers and volunteers who are giving their service are graduate and imparting training as per their experience and expertise. Computer Training, Environment Awareness, Statistical survey, School Management Committee survey, Health Camp, Tree plantation, Beautician training, Youth Development Center (YDC), MGNREGA workshop etc. has been organized. Since last three years major activities implemented on HIV/AIDS program supported by Jharkhand AIDS Control Society (JASCS) on various groups i.e. MSM, FSW, and HIJRAs in Dhanbad District along with other activities.
Organizational Objectives of MANTHAN
- To promote livelihood through organization various vocational skill training.
- To awareness on various health issue and AIDS as a priority problem in the area.
- To organize school, coaching and alternative education centers for promotion of education.
- To empower women and foster child rights.
- To promote environment and plantation.
- To initiate several activities for Youth development
- To mobilize various resources from Govt. Departments and other agencies to achieve the objectives
Foster a productive, self-dependent, peaceful and integrated society irrespective of religion, caste, color and sex.
Livelihood, Heath and Education development of the rural communities through awareness, empowerment and self-reliance.
To make our people aware of HIV and make Dhanbad a 0% HIV area.